Homeless each year in Maricopa County
House of Refuge Sunnyslope (HRS) is a Christian housing program serving the homeless, unemployed, and recently sober of Phoenix. We provide shelter, food, employment skills, and spiritual transformation through our programs for men, women, and single mothers with children. Our vision is to provide people with a home of restoration while sharing God's promise of an eternal home.
Not sure how to help?
There are dozens of ways you can volunteer at HRS! Some of the ways you can make an impact include:
- Leading a Bible study or life skills class
- Providing childcare while mom's in Bible study
- Preparing dinner or welcome kits
- Driving vans to pick up food donations
- Landscaping and handyman work
- Sorting donations and mail
- Helping in our food bank kitchen
“God has made a huge difference in my life.”
“For many years I didn’t know I had a God shaped space in my heart where He belonged. I tried filling it with all sorts of stuff that left me empty. With Jesus in my heart I feel truly satisfied.”
We're here for you!
We want to have a place for you here. Let us know how you'd like to get involved!